I made this yummy cheesecake for our family Easter Dinner today. It’s the first time I’ve ever made the cheesecake filling without a box mix and it was heavenly!! Since I was in a time crunch, I used a pre-made graham cracker crust… I don’t recommend it. Next time, I’ll be using the easy homemade recipe that I will share below.
I loved the creamy texture of the filling and the sweet flavor. You can tweak this recipe and add less sugar if you prefer it, but it was a big hit today… NONE left! I will be making this again!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) containers frozen dessert topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 (19 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (Comstock)
- 6 (ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 (cup) heavy whipping cream
- Blend cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and powdered sugar.
- Fold in frozen dessert topping.
- Pour into graham cracker crust, spreading filling in bottom of dish.
- Pour cherry pie filling onto top of filling.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- You will have extra filling left, but you can use it in a second crust or serve it in a bowl with pie filling of your choice on top!
Graham Cracker Crust – courtesy of Martha Stewart
- 6 1/2 ounces graham crackers (12 crackers), finely ground (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined.
Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake until crust is fragrant and edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Copyright © Backroad Kitchen. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission.